MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST
1. To learn how to refurbish second hand furniture and other household items for re-use by
repairing, painting or upholstering them
2. To use upcycling as a means to reduce carbon emissions and reduce waste. This is achieved by
taking household goods, old furniture and bric a brac, that would otherwise go to landfill and
giving them new life by transforming them into useful and attractive items.
3. Products and methods used in upcycling will be selected to ensure they minimise carbon footprint.
MAIN TASKS & DUTIES
1. To assist the upcycling team to refurbish and upcycle household goods using a range of upcycling skills;
2. To reuse materials and products in the upcycling process;
3. To participate in any relevant training , including Health and Safety;
4. To maintain a clean and safe working environment in the workshop;
5. To work closely and liaise with the Upcycling Team to ensure the work environment is kept tidy;
6. To ensure that New Start’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
Undertake any other related duties required by New start Highland which are consistent with the aims
and objectives of the organisation.
The post holder will be required to attend training when appropriate which will enhance awareness,
skills and understanding of the post.
SUPERVISION & GUIDANCE
It is intended that supervision and guidance will be available from the upcycling Team initially
but thereafter the post holder will be expected to use their own skills and initiative to fulfil the post.
Ideally the post holder should have some experience of painting or upholstery however training will
be given. Teamwork and good communication skills and a friendly and polite manner are essential to
Closing date: Monday 25 November 2019
How to apply
Download an application form or request one from:
Contact: Jan Stephen – firstname.lastname@example.org or 01463 728784
Interviews are week commencing Monday November 25th
Individuals must be unemployed and meet the eligibility criteria set out on SCVO’s website using the address below:
Tel. 01463 728784